Here we go again: Ludum Dare. Trying to complete a game within 48 hours of the theme announcement. I entered the previous contest (LD 22) and I finished a game. It’s not a triple A game, but I finished it nonetheless. I told myself this time is going to be different. This time I’ll be prepared.
That was 4 months ago. And now on the verge of the 10 year anniversary edition of Ludum I find myself more prepared, but not to say I’ll have a game that outshines my previous one by a multitude of a gazillion. I prepared a bit, but not as much as I wanted to. But I tried to prepare very efficiently. I looked at some of the parts I had some issues with during last Ludum:
- map creation
- map rendering
I guess I’ll just run into other issues while I avoid the above. But those issues will be more game-related annd less related to slick2D.
Code : Java 6
- IntelliJ IDEA – somewhat fell in love with this IDE during the past month. Try it if you can.
- Slick2D – same as last time, solid choice
- VCS – svn @ google code
- Paint.NET – seems like a solid choice once more
- might look into http://danikgames.com/stuff/pyxeledit/ if the need arises
Sound FX / Music
- SFXR, gooooood stuff
- otomata, cool output (thanks claus)
-audacity, IF I need it
- Chronolapse for those sexy timelapses
- A block of paper and a pen for those sexy brainstorm sessions
- Spotify, unbearable without
- Beer (got it covered)
So, that’s about the gist of it. Good luck to everyone and have fun.